For all the Microsoft Project Server 2010 users out there, a new product soon to be launched will enable all administratiors to create simpel or advanced Project Server 2010 (and SharePoint 2010) custom workflows without opening Visual Studio. The company who developed this product, which is in beta-stage right now, is called Nintex (www.nintex.com). Nintex expect the product to be launched sometime in september 2010. If you are interested in learning more about this product, the Danish Microsoft EPM Partner Projectum, has achieved reseller status and can be contacted through their website www.projectum.dk
Description of the product:
Nintex Workflow for Project Server 2010 will deliver an enhanced Project Lifecycle management experience to users with the powerful-yet-easy workflow design, deployment, management, and integration features of our highly successful Nintex Workflow products for Microsoft SharePoint.
- Offers a no code workflow design experience to Microsoft Project Server 2010 users
- Design workflow and view task status from within Project Web Access
- Users will be able to associate workflows with Enterprise Project Types for a more flexible and complete Project Lifecycle Management experience – Create – Select – Plan – Close
- Enables users to track progress and accountability of project approvals and milestones
- Specific Project Server workflow activities will be offered in the workflow designer toolbox alongside the full range of Nintex Workflow 2010 actions (80 + actions) which support advanced integration with other line of business systems via web services, Microsoft BizTalk and Microsoft SQL