I am a big fan of Project Server 2013 now being offered as an Online/Cloud solution trough Office365. However, my second thoughts was around how to actually move my Project Server 2010 data to the Online solution in a smooth and painless way. Lucky for me, a company named FluentPro has made a very simple piece of software that easily allow for your 2010 data to be moved directly into you Project Online environment.
FluentPro offeres a simple and a pro edition of the software. I have decided to focus only on the pro-edition as this will work also on Project Online when it reaches RTM time, hopefully by the end of Q1 2013.
Overview of FluentPro:
- Supports one way migration – from Project Server 2010 to Project Online. Please note, this version will not work with Project Server 2013 on-premise.
- Software is licensed per PWA and can be used only with 2 PWA on the same server (Test and Production)
- Email based standard priority support
- Contains 3 applicaitons: Cloud Migrator Pro, Project Migrator Cloud Edition for Project Professional 2010, Project Migrator Cloud Edition for Project Professional 2013
- Will work with RTM
Supportet configuration elements:
- Custom fields and Lookup tables
- EPT and PDP
- Workflow Stages and Phases
- Tasks and Timesheet Settings
- Time Reporting and Financial Periods
- Projects are supported with license of FluentPro Project Migrator (add-in for Project Professional 2013); license is provided as part of the package
- Templates Migration
- Security Configuration Migration (Project Security Mode)
- Project Sites (Risks, Issues and Document Libraries)
You can read more from FluentPro´s own landingpage using this link: http://www.projectmigrator.com/fluentprocloudmigrator.html
Over and out and MAY THE PROJECT FORMULA BE WITH YOU!