Grant reporting access in Project Online
When a Project Online report is created using Excel 2013, you can open it in Excel Web App and refresh the OData feeds in the report. This retrieves the most recent data in Project Online.
Excel Web App uses the BI Azure Service to refresh the Project Online OData connections. For this to work, you must first grant the BI Azure Service permission to access Project Web App.
Note You only need to grant this permission one time for each Project Web App site.
- Log on to Project Online.
- Add the following to the end of your Project Web App URL: /_layouts/15/appinv.aspx
For example, if your Project Web App URL is http://contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/pwa, type in this URL: http://contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/pwa/_layouts/15/appinv.aspx
- In the App ID field, type 00000009-0000-0000-c000-000000000000, and then click Lookup.
- In the Permission Request XML field, copy and paste the following code:
Scope = “http://sharepoint/projectserver/reporting” Right=”Read”>
Scope = “http://sharepoint/content/tenant” Right=”FullControl”>
- Click Create.
- On the next page, click Trust It to trust the BI Azure Service on your Project Web App site.
You should now be able to refresh your Project Online reports in Excel.