Users of Office365 surely knows about the “app launcher” – the place where you will find the tiles used to navigating around. In case users have a license for Project Online, they will obviously find the Project icon in one of the tiles. Unfortunately, the link for this Project tile is pointing to the default PWA site collection often known as https://customer.sharepoint.com/sites/pwa.
So what do you do if you several other PWAs in your Office365 portal? You simply create a new tile for each and let users design their own “app launcher” experience. Here are the steps to do it:
- You have to be the Office365 administrator or at least have access to the administration area
- Now go to the Admin Center -> Settings -> Organizational Profile and edit the Add custom tiles for your organization
- You will now see the full list of custom tiles. Click Add a custom tile
- Enter a tile name, the full URL a description and most importantly add a JPG picture. Now simply hit save
- You should now see a the new tile in the overview. Close the pop up.
- Now try out your “app launcher” and notice you have a new tile available
- Click the three dots next to the tile and select “Pin to home”
- In my case, I can now see a new Prince2 DK tile, and the customized icon. Tiles can be sized small, large or wide. So remember to find a good picture that will fit the expected end size. My example is not good:-) Now click the tile!
- …and you, and everyone else, should now be taken to the correct PWA/Project Online hub.